Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Crossfire and Combat Arms- Kritical Temperature main website.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GameBooster

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
=KT=Trik
Commander 2nd Class
Commander 2nd Class
=KT=Trik

GameBooster Empty
PostSubject: GameBooster   GameBooster I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:10 pm

I've always used this, i just thought I'd share.

It closes background applications as well as unnecessary applications like aim, itunes, etc... with a click of a button. (This allows for optimal performance of your game)

After you are done, just click "Back to Normal Mode" and all of your applications will re-open.

It increased my average crossfire fps from 40 to 60; but that was because i have vista.
(Vista's Windows Aero uses a LOT of memory, just to make things look pretty such as: the glass frames and the window's switcher, when I ran the booster it turned off my Window's Aero and free'd up a lot of memory.)

Download:

GameBooster

Notes:
It does not only work for vista, XP users can use is as well.
It works for games other than crossfire too. (duh!)
Back to top Go down
=KT=RoGuE
Honorary Commander
Honorary Commander
=KT=RoGuE

GameBooster Empty
PostSubject: Re: GameBooster   GameBooster I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 3:41 pm

Ca and Crossfire already run great on my computer, so im not sure i need it, but great contribution anyway, Trik!
Back to top Go down
=KT=Trik
Commander 2nd Class
Commander 2nd Class
=KT=Trik

GameBooster Empty
PostSubject: Re: GameBooster   GameBooster I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:30 pm

=D Anytime pal!

It's just one of those useful things to have, like teamviewer.
Back to top Go down
=KT=ZombieK2
Honorary Commander
Honorary Commander
=KT=ZombieK2

GameBooster Empty
PostSubject: Re: GameBooster   GameBooster I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:39 pm

oh man i actually might get that. Sometimes when i'm playing CF or CA, my comp like freezes because i try to have iTunes open, and it fucks with my computer. Thanks trik !
Back to top Go down
https://ctclan.forum.st
=KT=RoGuE
Honorary Commander
Honorary Commander
=KT=RoGuE

GameBooster Empty
PostSubject: Re: GameBooster   GameBooster I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:42 pm

Actually, this may be a good idea to get because my siblings use AIM on the computer and it always pops up at the weirdest times. This would be great to kill it while im playing. So what is Teamviewer??

And since it sounds like you know these things, Trik do you have ventrilo and do you know how it works? I have it but i have no idea... lol.
Back to top Go down
=KT=Trik
Commander 2nd Class
Commander 2nd Class
=KT=Trik

GameBooster Empty
PostSubject: Re: GameBooster   GameBooster I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 5:09 pm

Haha, ok so first off Teamviewer allows one person to control another person's mouse while seeing there screen, no matter how far the two people live. Like I was helping my friend that lives in Australia install and run a program on teamviewer by controlling his mouse and installing it myself. (Sorry it's kind of hard to explain I hope you got the gist of it.)

And as for Ventrilo, I don't have a server but I have it installed on my laptop. Ventrilo allows you to talk to people in a specific server. To set up a server you either have to ask permission of a server owner, or purchase your own server. Laughing sorry for my crappy explaining... Every server has an ID and a password, anyone can log into a server and start talking using their mic. So in order for our clan to use Ventrilo, we need access to a server. Either by purchasing our own or by joining someone elses.

Hop i helped a little. Dx
Back to top Go down
=KT=ZombieK2
Honorary Commander
Honorary Commander
=KT=ZombieK2

GameBooster Empty
PostSubject: Re: GameBooster   GameBooster I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 5:35 pm

Wow Teamviewer would make things so much easier lol. Getting people to join is just like pulling teeth lol. Smile Some people just don't understand lol. And Ventrilo is like a talking thing right? Like you need mics to use it and everything?

I know a bunch of clans in F.E.A.R that use it, and Half-Life 2 too.
Back to top Go down
https://ctclan.forum.st
=KT=Trik
Commander 2nd Class
Commander 2nd Class
=KT=Trik

GameBooster Empty
PostSubject: Re: GameBooster   GameBooster I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 5:46 pm

In order for Teamviewer to work, both computers need to have it installed; Then the person who is going to control the other person's screen has to get that person to give him his ID and Pass for Teamviewer... Its 100% harmless but it is so frusterating when people don't even know how it works and stuff... =[

Then for your Ventrilo question: Yes, its for talking. =P It's more specifically for 3+ way calling. If you want to talk to someone 1 on 1 or something, I'd suggest Skype.
With a ventrilo server, we could:

-Have somepeople in a chat room for say combat arms scrimming; (they only talk and hear amongst themselves)

-Then have another chat room for crossfire scrimming;

-Another for pubbing

-Another for Halo

-Etc...

You can have multiple rooms in a vent server. That is why some nice people who have a Vent server may just give us one of their rooms where we can have our own clan chat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GameBooster Empty
PostSubject: Re: GameBooster   GameBooster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GameBooster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: About The Clan :: Announcements-
Jump to: